Monday, March 21, 2011

AZIZ!



March brings us a step closer to Spring and with it the advent of cook outs and bonfires. While I'm a much bigger fan of seeing the city blanketed in silencing frost, I don't mind a cook out, because that means brats & beer! So I also got to thinking about tiki torches (of last summer's cook outs) and lanterns which got me to thinking of this challenge! I know Kellz had a rough go this last week but she's a total hardcore trooper and busted out some hot lantern-ness anyway!

While I don't think this is really a backyard cook out type of decoration, I do have a thing for mausoleums, where this would fit right in! I really wanted to go in the direction of morbid, but not conventional morbid, so I had the decorative skull motif on the left hand face which would be repeated on three sides of this lantern. I patterned the lower half of the skull from an amulet of a hand I remember seeing a long time ago. The face of the lantern on the right is meant to be where one would insert the candle. The hands folded in prayer comprise the two halves of the door. Also on this side is a continuation of the skull pattern on the top half. While the previous side contained a stylised third eye, closed, on the side that prays the third eye is now open in illumination and gazing upward.

As a side note, I did a little googling to see if I could find the amulet I was thinking of and it must have been a Hamsa Amulet. It has an eye in the palm and is a symbol to ward of evil. Hmm...

1 comment:

  1. My dad was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete